Tuesday, November 15, 2016

First of Many Notes, Calls, Et Al. to the Trump-Pence Administration

Yes, we're through the looking glass. Yes, I know the problems with Kasich, first and foremost his stripping away of women's health care and Planned Parenthood, accompanied by the usual nonsense rationalizations for lady suppression from a man who may or may not be able to identify different parts of the female autonomy with any accuracy. However: See sentence 1.

Hi, there. I am a liberal native New Yorker, now based in California, who is writing for two reasons.

1. I'd like to convey my deep, sincere concern about the potential appointment of Rudy Giuliani to the post of Secretary of State. This is not a partisan issue for me, though I do not agree with his policies, nor do many police leaders in this country, which is turning toward community policing and away from the authoritarian and ineffective stop and frisk policy. However, my true worry is that I don't feel he's stable or diplomatic enough to work with diverse world leaders and representatives. He yells, he screams, he gets red faced, he inadvertently spits on people, both literally and figuratively. I don't think he would serve your administration well, or at all; in contrast, I believe he would put us all at risk with his inability to control himself in public.

2. I'd like to make what I think is a great suggestion that would have some partisan cross-over appeal: Appoint John Kasich as Secretary of State. He has strong executive experience, is diplomatic and generally well regarded by all of his colleagues, and strikes me as a modest, hard-working person who reaches across the aisle, when you review his achievements. I hope you will appoint him or someone with these qualities.

Thanks very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home