Monday, October 30, 2017

Leave Crowing to Crows

Suggestion, liberal social media:

Quit crowing over one indictment one year later, after everything, including his current threats of nuclear war.

He's as likely to be re-elected by the white majority as he is to be impeached; in fact, I'd rank his re-election chances higher than his odds of impeachment, given successful and racist voter suppression and gerrymandering, a longstanding effort on the part of Republicans, not to mention these shrieking denials of clear and obvious Russian interference from the white male left, too (Intercept bros).

This didn't happen overnight and it won't be resolved in that time frame, either, if it even can be.

Reality may be grim but I find facing it more comforting than playing pretend.

And these days, I find myself putting my energy into the people, work and pastimes that matter to me on a personal and spiritual level. I'm not interested in pantomiming the obvious in public, just as I'm not interested in the low level energy, anger and rotted values of the U.S. white majority that have brought us here.

Sorry/not sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home