Sunday, August 05, 2007

Little Wisdoms

I don't advise a hair cut, man. All hairdressers are in the employment of the government. Hair are your aerials. They pick up signals from the cosmos and transmit them directly into the brain. This is the reason bold-headed men are uptight.
- Bruce Robinson
[Editor's Note: I'm sure it's probably supposed to be "bald-headed men," but--come on--it's better this way.]

Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
- Emo Phillips

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
- George Carlin

Initially, a lot of people are put off by my work. I don't purposefully start out to make something grotesque...it just ends up that way.
- Patricia Piccinini

Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean, I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff.
- Mariah Carey

I love Los Angeles. I love Hollywood. They're beautiful. Everybody's plastic, but I love plastic. I want to be plastic.
- Andy Warhol

Question: If you could live forever, would you and why?

Answer: I would not live forever because we should not live forever because if we were supposed to live forever then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever.
- Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss Universe contest

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know.
There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.
- Donald Rumsfeld

The streets are safe in Philadelphia. It's only the people who make them unsafe.
- Frank Rizzo, ex-police chief and mayor of Philadelphia

As I was going up the stair,
I met a man who was not there.
He was not there again today,
Oh, how I wish he'd go away.
- Mike Jackson (Quoted in Ghost and Ghoul - T C Lethbridge)

It's all happening too fast. I've got to put the brakes on or I'll smack into something.
- Mel Gibson

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: Not necessarily to Win, but mainly to keep from Losing Completely.
- Hunter S. Thompson (Gonzo Papers, Vol. 1: The Great Shark Hunt: Strange Tales from a Strange Time)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home