Monday, April 22, 2013

Just One Misheard Word

Mulder: Scully, there's, um, there's something I haven't told you, either and I hope you uh forgive me and understand why I would've kept it from you.

Scully: What?

Mulder: During my investigation into your illness, I found out the reason why you were left barren ("Barren," Mulder? Harsh): your vulva were taken from you and stored in a government lab.

Scully: What!

What? How did she NOT know her vulva was missing! Dear Lord, the horror. What's there in its place? Ointment won't cure this, ma'am!

I'm actually a fan of late-season X-Files, too (damnit); Doggert gets a bad rap. But this seemed like too much, like if Dana Scully's vulva has really--and literally--been sitting on a government shelf somewhere all this time, we are all out of hope, and at the very least I'm going to have to stop watching this late-season X-Files crap.

One rewind later, I discovered it was her ova that had been taken.

For some reason, of the two, that seems less awful.
(Echoes of: What's there in its place?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home